We are hosting a consultation event on 31st January 2017 in the Principle Hotel, Station Road, York (just by the train station).
The event is free and open to health professionals, small and large employers, NHS staff etc.
The aim of the day will be to discuss the work, health and disability green paper (https://consultations.dh.gov.uk/workandhealth/consult/) to feedback to the Department of Health/Department of Work and Pensions Work and Health Unit.
10.30am Welcome – Dr Sally Coomber, President, SOM.
Rachel Maskell (MP for York) / DWP/ DH to contact Ministerial office
10.45am DH/DWP speaker tbc
11:15am Q and A and coffee
11.45am “Dragons Den” discussion on Green Paper
Panel - Dr Julia Smedley, Diana Kloss, Dr Robin Cordell, Mark Armour and nurse (tbc)
1.30pm-2.45pm Break out discussion
Facilitators – Ailsa McGinty, Alison Raw – DWP/DH unit, Dr Sally Coomber, Mark Armour, Dr Julia Smedley
Scribes - Judith Willets, Nick Pahl, Natalie Edbrooke, Leigh Harrison, Jane Edbrooke
1. How can occupational health and related provision be organised so that it is accessible and tailored for all?
2. Can you give an example of how occupational health is best delivered e.g. Privately? through the NHS?
3. What are your positive and negative experiences of the Fit for Work service a) clinically and b) in terms of process
4. How can we create a system where everyone who is eligible for occupational health assessment and advice is referred as matter of course?
5. Who is best placed to provide work and health information, make a judgement on fitness for work and provide sickness certification?
2:45pm-3.30pm– feed back and wrap up Nick Pahl, CEO, SOM
To book – contact Natalie.Elmitt@som.org.uk
(thanks to the DWP/DH for funding this event)